If you are a single mother, at a point in your life where you not only desire change, but are willing to make a commitment to moving forward, consider applying at Hearth Homes!
- Single mothers with children or seeking custody of their children
- Mothers must be least 18 years old
- Mothers must be homeless or have an immediate threat of homelessness
- If applicants are in substance abuse recovery, a minimum 60 days successful outpatient must be confirmed by a social service reference (i.e. treatment counselor, CPS, etc.)
- Financial Responsibility: 35% income OR if you have no income, there is a requirement of 12 hours of additional volunteer service per month
- All applicants must provide verification that they are compliant with social services such as court, CPS, TANF, etc.
- No participation in threatening relationships is allowed while staying at Hearth Homes
- Applicants first attend a scheduled orientation. Call 926-6492 to find out about the next scheduled orientation
- After orientation an application must be submitted
- Social service references (DCFS, DSHS, Counselor, Treatment, etc.) must be provided (Name, Phone, Fax)
- Attend a Family Meeting Interview: Potential residents meet current residents for a Q&A prior to move-In. Move-In Date Assigned
- Family Dinners are a time for community, rich conversation, skill development and nourishment. Monday through Friday all families dine together at 6 pm. Residents rotate meal preparation and chore responsibilities.
- Life Skills Classes: Every Thursday at 10am all residents attend class to develop skills ranging from self-care, health and wellness, communication, conflict resolution, budgeting, food handling and more.
- Family Meetings: Meetings are held every Saturday morning, where all residents and staff gather to communicate upcoming events, resolve conflicts, and participate in evaluation of choices.
- Case Management: Residents meet weekly with their on-site Case Manager to discuss goals, access resources, and communicate scheduling needs.
- Core Values: All residents and staff agree to uphold the core values of Grace, Accountability, Service and Respect in all interactions.
- Service: All residents commit to completing a minimum of 3 hours a month of volunteer work to practice service and give back to a community that generously supports their success